Manchester... Ta Love!!
Alright... I know this is comming a little late... I've been in Manchester for 9 days already and I only set up the blog for it now. But hey, I only got my internet connection 2.5 days ago k...
Well, a little introduction to this blog... I'm solely gonna use it to rant abt my whole experience on this student exchange... And the title "Manchester... Ta Love"... has a meaning to it... The people who live and grow up in Manchester, aka Mancunians, has various lingos... one of which is "Ta Love"... which means "Thank you, Love"... yup, learnt about this at the induction talk... we were warned not to be too shocked when people call each other "Love"... yep, and my first-hand experience was at the Scream Bar just down Oxford road. While watching the Liverpool vs Chelsea and Man U vs Arsenal match, a guy knocked into me and went "Sorry love"... haha... thankfully my induction talk was before that... otherwise, I can't imagine if i'd blushed on the spot... LOL...
Right... anyway... this is the complicating part... If, according to the mancunians, we're all called "Love"... then I'm also called "Love"... and now you know why my blog address is "loveinmanchester"... yup, that's where I am!!! and if you read it the other way... it can also sound like "Loving Manchester"... which is also very true!!! Actually, it's not that complicated, innit? (innit is mancunian way of saying "isn't it?")
ha... wonderful explanation to my blog title and address... a short summary of what happened in the past 8 days... went shopping in the city centre... there's Primark (where i bought some clothes)... Arndale Centre (which is really huge!!)... Harvey Nichols, Selfridges, H&M, etc etc... you name it they have it... Went to many hyper/supermarkets as well like Tesco, Sainsbury, Asda, Lidl, Worldwide... Then on 17th Sept, a few of us went for the City Tour Coach Trip... We visited the Lowry and the Old Trafford Man U Stadium! Alright, fakey, I only stood outside the stadium that's all... Haven't set my foot in yet... Will do that soon though, since I bought the term bus ticket which allows unlimited travel on a few buses (one of which goes to old trafford!)...
It's amazing really... the people here love to party alot... every night without fail... It's so true about what I heard before I arrived: If you don't enjoy the clubs in Manchester, you won't enjoy the clubs anywhere else in the world! haha... But I'm not so much a party animal, so I can't really tell if that's an overstatement.
Alright, the weather is rather hot today. Heard from kristen it's 25 deg C. Good day for light clothing... Shall change up soon and go to the international society. Gonna book some wkend trips... Hope they'll be fun... yeah... bye love!
Well, a little introduction to this blog... I'm solely gonna use it to rant abt my whole experience on this student exchange... And the title "Manchester... Ta Love"... has a meaning to it... The people who live and grow up in Manchester, aka Mancunians, has various lingos... one of which is "Ta Love"... which means "Thank you, Love"... yup, learnt about this at the induction talk... we were warned not to be too shocked when people call each other "Love"... yep, and my first-hand experience was at the Scream Bar just down Oxford road. While watching the Liverpool vs Chelsea and Man U vs Arsenal match, a guy knocked into me and went "Sorry love"... haha... thankfully my induction talk was before that... otherwise, I can't imagine if i'd blushed on the spot... LOL...
Right... anyway... this is the complicating part... If, according to the mancunians, we're all called "Love"... then I'm also called "Love"... and now you know why my blog address is "loveinmanchester"... yup, that's where I am!!! and if you read it the other way... it can also sound like "Loving Manchester"... which is also very true!!! Actually, it's not that complicated, innit? (innit is mancunian way of saying "isn't it?")
ha... wonderful explanation to my blog title and address... a short summary of what happened in the past 8 days... went shopping in the city centre... there's Primark (where i bought some clothes)... Arndale Centre (which is really huge!!)... Harvey Nichols, Selfridges, H&M, etc etc... you name it they have it... Went to many hyper/supermarkets as well like Tesco, Sainsbury, Asda, Lidl, Worldwide... Then on 17th Sept, a few of us went for the City Tour Coach Trip... We visited the Lowry and the Old Trafford Man U Stadium! Alright, fakey, I only stood outside the stadium that's all... Haven't set my foot in yet... Will do that soon though, since I bought the term bus ticket which allows unlimited travel on a few buses (one of which goes to old trafford!)...
It's amazing really... the people here love to party alot... every night without fail... It's so true about what I heard before I arrived: If you don't enjoy the clubs in Manchester, you won't enjoy the clubs anywhere else in the world! haha... But I'm not so much a party animal, so I can't really tell if that's an overstatement.
Alright, the weather is rather hot today. Heard from kristen it's 25 deg C. Good day for light clothing... Shall change up soon and go to the international society. Gonna book some wkend trips... Hope they'll be fun... yeah... bye love!
**************************************************************
