A Day in Whitworth
The dawn breaks at half past seven
And under my duvet it feels like heaven
Then the sun is up to greet us all
While its rays peek through my slanted wall
English breakfast of cookies and tea
Starts my day off perfectly
All washed up and ready to go
Where are my lessons I don't know
Clock strikes noon and i'm back again
The sky is dark with drizzling rain
As I whiz past dilworth and derby
The aroma of food truly makes me hungry
Up the rickety stairs to burleigh
Make sure the puddles are outta my way
Into my flat and room sixty-nine
I'm back here again feeling just fine
What's for lunch I often ponder
Pasta, pizza, rice or chowder
Now it's my turn to have my fill
So don't interrupt while I have my meal
After all the pitter patter
Should I play squash or go city centre
I'll ask Desmond, Kristen and Gisele
If they have plans or nothing to tell
Then nightfall comes so very soon
But somehow I don't see the moon
The party people comes out to play
This seem to be the start of their day
Often we would visit the Grovel
Though I feel there's nothing novel
Just drinks and maybe a game of pool
And check out the guys who look so cool
Then to rid my hair of smoke
Caused by all those smoking blokes
I return to flat nine for a nice shower
Praying hard that there is warm water
Right before I enter dreamland
I check my email and chat with friends
Not so much excitement and mirth
Just another a day in Whitworth
And under my duvet it feels like heaven
Then the sun is up to greet us all
While its rays peek through my slanted wall
English breakfast of cookies and tea
Starts my day off perfectly
All washed up and ready to go
Where are my lessons I don't know
Clock strikes noon and i'm back again
The sky is dark with drizzling rain
As I whiz past dilworth and derby
The aroma of food truly makes me hungry
Up the rickety stairs to burleigh
Make sure the puddles are outta my way
Into my flat and room sixty-nine
I'm back here again feeling just fine
What's for lunch I often ponder
Pasta, pizza, rice or chowder
Now it's my turn to have my fill
So don't interrupt while I have my meal
After all the pitter patter
Should I play squash or go city centre
I'll ask Desmond, Kristen and Gisele
If they have plans or nothing to tell
Then nightfall comes so very soon
But somehow I don't see the moon
The party people comes out to play
This seem to be the start of their day
Often we would visit the Grovel
Though I feel there's nothing novel
Just drinks and maybe a game of pool
And check out the guys who look so cool
Then to rid my hair of smoke
Caused by all those smoking blokes
I return to flat nine for a nice shower
Praying hard that there is warm water
Right before I enter dreamland
I check my email and chat with friends
Not so much excitement and mirth
Just another a day in Whitworth
**************************************************************
